Perform electrical and system engineering tasks to include: researching, developing, designing, and testing electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Develops designs for electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic use. Performs trade studies, design and technology assessments for emerging technologies. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
1. Design, develop, integrate and test analog designs.
2. Model and simulate to optimize designs and to incorporate design margins.
3. Perform design analysis, technology assessments, and trade studies.
4. Specify and select COTS, ROTS, NDI and / or custom components.
5. Develop rack and/or stack cabling designs.
6. Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
1. Experience with requirements derivation and capture.
a. Experience with complex systems development and evaluation.
b. Experience with interface requirements and component level requirements.
2. Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source products.
3. Strong communication skills to explain design issues and solutions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
2. Proactive/self-starter. Task driven with ability to work independently.
3. Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable